Jackrabbit BEST Robotics
BEST (Boosting Engineering, Science, and Technology) Robotics Inc. started in Texas in 1993 by two engineers from Texas Instruments. Since then, interest in the program has helped create 50 hubs (local competition sites) nationwide. SDSU is proud to be one of the newest hubs.
The mission of BEST Robotics Inc. is to inspire students to pursue careers in engineering, science, and technology through participation in a sports-like, science- and engineering-based robotics competition.
BEST (Boosting Engineering, Science, and Technology) offers
- the EXCITEMENT of a basketball game
- the STRATEGY of a chess match
- the INTELLECTUAL CHALLENGE of a science fair
- the PRESSURE of a competitive sporting event
. . . plus hundreds of screaming fans, pep bands, cheerleaders, music, dancing, and mascots!
- Registration for 2015 is closed.
- 2016 registration will open in November.
- Teams accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Saturday, September 19, 2015 – SDSU Volstorff Ballroom in the Union
- Playing field and game revealed for the first time.
- Teams learned the game objectives, receive the kits for their robots, and can attend training sessions.
- Map: (#61 / #108 on SDSU Campus Map)
- Date: Saturday, October 17th - 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Brookings - SDSU Volstorff Ballroom in the Student Union
- Opportunity for teams to practice with robot on actual competition playing field and make robot changes.
- Saturday, October 31st - Swiftel Center (824 32nd Ave., Brookings)
- Teams are rewarded for six weeks of hard work with a fun day competing with their robot and are also judged on their Engineering Notebook, Exhibit & Interview, Marketing Presentation, and Spirit & Sportsmanship.
- Winners move on to Northern Plains Regional in Fargo, ND.
All events are free and open to the public!
To become a part of this amazing event, contact:
- Kim Prohaska, Jackrabbit BEST Hub Director, by email or 605.688.6268
For more information about the national organization, visit the BEST Robotics Inc. website.